National Teacher of the Year Award
- 2003 - Betsy Rogers - Elementary, 1-2 (looping), Leeds Elementary School, Jefferson County Public Schools, Birmingham, Alabama
To be the best Alabama teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News for Alabama Teachers
- Hartselle grads receive 241 scholarship offers... [Read More]
- Ashford student lends helping hand... [Read More]
- Ground work to begin at new Lee High School... [Read More]
Alabama Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Alabama teachers have a starting salary of $36,201
- Alabama teachers have an average salary of $47,803
- The 10 year growth in salary is 28.8%
- Alabama Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes an Alabama Teacher 3 years to be eligible for their tenure
Alabama Department of Education
- Phone Number: (334) 242-9700
Being an Alabama Teacher is without a doubt a self-rewarding career on its own. Are you interested in learning the steps to become a teacher in Alabama, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?