So you want to earn your Alaska Teacher Certification? Here are the step by step instructions to get started:
Traditional Approach for the Alaska Teacher Certification
- You must have a Bachelor's Degree or higher to receive the Alaska Teacher Certification. Keep in mind that It is highly recommended you earn your Master’s Degree.
- Teacher Preparations: This will include teacher prep courses, student teaching, and other types of internships. In order to receive an Alaska Teacher Certification, you must have some experience in teaching, even if it’s unpaid.
- You will need to complete the Praxis I, CBEST or West B tests. Click here to learn more passing scores.
- Call (907) 465-2441 for fingerprint cards and a background check
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $125 check/money order payable to Alaska State Department of Education & Early Development (EED).
- Official transcripts, degrees, and school credits
- Fingerprint cards
- $66 fingerprint fee
- Also, include copies of your test scores
- Mail To:
Department of Education & Early Development Teacher Education & Certificate
810 West 10th Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 110500
Juneau, AK 99811-0500
- Do you want to renew your Alaska Teacher Certification?