National Teacher of the Year Award
- 1984 - Sherleen S. Sisney - History, Economics and Political Science , Ballard High School, Louisville, Kentucky
To be the best Kentucky teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Kentucky for Schools
- KTIP Funding Memo from Dr. Phillip Rogers... [Read More]
- Memo to Superintendents Regarding 07-08 Year-end Reporting from Mike Carr... [Read More]
Kentucky Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Kentucky teachers have a starting salary of $35,075
- Kentucky teachers have an average salary of $48,908
- The 10 year growth in salary is 33.7%
- Kentucky Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Kentucky Teacher 4 years to be eligible for their tenure
Kentucky Department of Education
- Phone Number: (502) 564-4606
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a Kentucky teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?