Our easy guide for new Louisiana Teachers.
Traditional Louisiana Teacher Certification
- Go to college & receive a degree - required, no way around this one.
- Teacher Preparations courses: There 180 hours of field experience required (student teaching counts for this requirement)
- Obtain the necessary materials you must fill out by calling (877) 452-2721
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Official transcripts, degrees, and school credits
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
Office of Teacher Certification
LA Department of Education
P.O. Box 94064
Baton Rouge, LA. 70804-9064
- Do you want to renew your Louisiana Teacher Certification?
Alternative Approach for the Louisiana Teacher Certification
Alternatively, there is another path you can take to get your teaching credentials in Louisiana which allows you to start teaching before you complete the teacher education program.
- Obviously you must still earn your Bachelors Degree from an accredited university. Ideally, you should always continue your education in efforts to earn a Master’s degree.
- Pass the Pre-Professionals Skills Test (PPST)
- Practitioner Teacher Program
- Provides provisional teaching certification
- Enter into a mentoring program
- Click here to learn more
- Master’s Degree Program
- Certification only program