Maine Teacher of the Year Award
- 2009 – Gloria Noyes is a fifth-grade teacher at Congin Elementary School in Westbrook
To be the best Maine teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Maine for Schools
- Schools to teach parents about kids' social networking... [Read More]
- Sharpening minds, skills... [Read More]
- Two teachers to blast off in virtual venture... [Read More]
Maine Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Maine teachers have a starting salary of $31,580
- Maine teachers have an average salary of $47,182
- The 10 year growth in salary is 29.7%
- Maine Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Maine Teacher 2 years to be eligible for their tenure
Maine Department of Education
- Phone Number: (207) 624-6603
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a Maine teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?