Maryland Teacher of the Year Award
2006 - Kimberly Oliver - Kindergarten, Broad Acres Elementary School, Silver Spring, MD
To be the best Maryland teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Maryland for Schools
- Newsweek Magazine Says Marlyand Has Highest Percentage of... [Read More]
- National Education Newspaper Says State's System has Moved to th Head of the Class... [Read More]
Maryland Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Maryland teachers have a starting salary of $43,003
- Maryland teachers have an average salary of $63,960
- The 10 year growth in salary is 39.2%
- Maryland Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Maryland Teacher 2 years to be eligible for their tenure
Maryland Department of Education
- Phone Number: (410) 767-0412
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a Maryland teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?