Maryland Teacher Certification
So you need a Maryland Teacher Certification? Here is the step-by-step list:
- Earn your Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree
- Do some student teaching - enough to gain the 180 hours of required experience in the classroom
- Pass the Praxis I & Praxis II Exams.
- Submit the following:
- Requested Application
- Official transcripts, degrees, and school credits
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
Maryland State Department of Education
200 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Do you want to renew your Maryland Teacher Certification?*
Alternative Approach for Maryland Certification
Alternatively, you can teach in Maryland before you complete the teacher education program:
- Get/Have a college degree
- Pass the Pre-Professionals Skills Test (PPST)
- Provide official transcripts
- Pass the requirements listed above for the traditional Maryland Teacher Certification
- Call (207) 624-6603 for more information
Teaching Schools in Maryland
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?