National Teacher of the Year Award
- 1992 - Thomas A. Fleming -- Special Education, Washtenaw Intermediate School District, Ann Arbor, Michigan
To be the best Michigan teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Michigan for Schools
- NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher Update & Clarification Documents... [Read More]
- Schools Can See How They Measure Up Statewide... [Read More]
- Detroit Public Schools Needs No Saber Rattling... [Read More]
Michigan Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Michigan teachers have a starting salary of $34,724
- Michigan teachers have an average salary of $63,940
- The 10 year growth in salary is 24.6%
- Michigan Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Michigan Teacher 4 years to be eligible for their tenure
Michigan Department of Education
- Phone Number: (517) 335-0580
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a Michigan teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?