Missouri Teacher Certification
So you want a Missouri Teaching Certificate? Let's look at some instructions one-by-one:
Traditional Approach for getting a Missouri Teaching Certificate
- Get a college degree
- Get time in a classroom - field experience is a Missouri requirement before you'll receive a certificate
- Pass the Praxis I or the CAAP Exam. Also you must complete the Praxis II (subject area)
- Submit fingerprints and background check. Call (866) 522-7067 to schedule your appointment today.
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- $50.95 fee
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
Missouri Department of Education
Post Office Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
- Do you want to renew your Missouri Teacher Certification?
Alternative Approach for the Missouri Teacher Certification
Alternatively, you can earn the Missouri Teaching Certification to teach in Missouri before you complete the teacher education program. After enrolment, you'll be provided with a 2 year provisional teaching certification
- Obviously you must still earn your Bachelors Degree from an accredited university. Ideally, you should always continue your education in efforts to earn a Master’s degree.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Pass the background and fingerprint check
- Be hired by the Missouri school district
- Complete an academic contract with school district, yourself, and program provider