National Teacher of the Year Award
- 1981 - Jay Sommer -- Foreign Languages, New Rochelle High School, New Rochelle, New York
- 1974 - Vivian Tom -- Social Studies, Lincoln High School, Yonkers, New York
To be the best New York teacher, you must model excellence. Advance your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News for New York Teachers
- Students Statewide Show Steady, Measured Gains on Math Tests Across All Grades…[Read more]
- New York is a Leader in Advanced Placement (AP) Results…[Read more]
- Contracts for Excellence in Place in 39 School Districts…[Read More]
New York Teacher Salary Statistics and Benefits
- New York teachers have a starting salary of $44,370
- New York teachers have an average salary of $72,708
- The 10 year growth in salary is 41.2%
- New York Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a New York Teacher 3 years to be eligible for their tenure
New York Department of Education
When you become a teacher in New York, you are teaching for the state with one of highest compensations for a teacher. Do you want to become a New York Teacher or would you rather learn more about advanced degrees?