Oregon Teacher Certification
Examine the process to get you started teaching in Oregon
Traditional Approach for Oregon Teacher Certification
- Bachelors/Masters Degree - a Bachelor is the minimum req.
- Student Teaching - minimum requirement
- Earn passing grades on the Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or Praxis (PPST). Individuals with PhD’s are exempt from these tests.
- Earn a passing score on the Specialty Area Tests (ETS/NES)
- Pass the Oregon Civil Rights Knowledge Requirements
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $62 check/money order for fingerprint processing fee and background check
- $100 check/money order for certification fees
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
465 Commercial St. NE
Salem, OR. 97301
- Do you want to renew your Oregon Teacher Certification?
Alternative Approach for Oregon Teacher Certification
This is also called the Oregon Restricted Transitional Certification. With this permit, you can begin your teaching career before you complete your teacher education program.
- You'll still need your degree.
- Complete a fingerprint and background check
- A school district must co-sign your application
- That school district has to assign you a mentor
- Complete your teacher education program within the 3 years you hold the temporary certification.
- Call (503) 378-3586 to begin the process
Teaching Schools in Oregon
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.