Teacher of the Year Award
- 1973 - David Woten, Jr.- Mr. Woten is a teacher at Carson Middle School in Pittsburgh, PA
To be the best Pennsylvania teacher, you must model excellence. Advance your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Pennsylvania for Schools
- Education Secretary announces nearly $2.9 million in Recover Grants For... [Read More]
- In 2nd Year, PA Pre-K counts Continues Its Success, Benefiting 11,800 Children… [Read More]
- Governor Rendell Asks Legislature to Create Fast Track to Teaching for… [Read More]
Pennsylvania Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Pennsylvania teachers have a starting salary of $41,192
- Pennsylvania teachers have an average salary of $60,760
- The 10 year growth in salary is 22.7%
- Pennsylvania Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Pennsylvania Teacher 3 years to be eligible for their tenure
Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Phone Number: (717) 787-3356
Being an Pennsylvania Teacher is without a doubt a self-rewarding career on its own. Are you interested in learning the steps to become a teacher in Pennsylvania, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?