National Teacher of the Year Award
2004 - Kathy Mellor - English as a Second Language, Davisville Middle School; North Kingstown, Rhode Island
To be the best teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in Rhode Island for Schools
- Statement from Board of Regents Chairman Robert G. Flanders, Jr., Esq., on Funding Charter Schools... [Read More]
- Education Department Announces Winners of High-School Video Contest… [Read More]
- School Classifications: 81% of Schools Met All Annual Targets… [Read More]
Rhode Island Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- Rhode Island teachers have a starting salary of $39,006
- Rhode Island teachers have an average salary of $60,923
- The 10 year growth in salary is 25.7%
- Rhode Island Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a Rhode Island Teacher 3 years to be eligible for their tenure
Rhode Island Department of Education
- Phone Number: (401) 222-4600
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a Rhode Island teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?