South Carolina Teachers, News, and Statistics
National Teacher of the Year Award
- 1985 - Therese Knecht Dozier -- World History, Irmo High School, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1971 - Martha M. Stringfellow -- First Grade, Lewisville Elementary, Chester County,
To be the best teacher, you must model excellence. Accelerate your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News in South Carolina for Schools
- South Carolina application for federal stabilization funds is approved by USDE... [Read More]
- Community learning centers receive more than $6 million for after-school programs… [Read More]
- Columbia College to offer Montessori training for primary level teachers… [Read More]
South Carolina Teacher’s Salary Statistics and Benefits
- South Carolina teachers have a starting salary of $31,685
- South Carolina teachers have an average salary of $47,050
- The 10 year growth in salary is 24%
- South Carolina Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a South Carolina Teacher 2 years to be eligible for their tenure
South Carolina Department of Education
- Phone Number: (803) 734-8466
Are you interested in learning the steps to become a South Carolina teacher, or would you rather learn about improving your teaching career with an advanced degree?
Teaching Schools in South Carolina
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.