South Dakota State Teacher of the Year
- 2008 - Sharon Andrews is a teacher at Challenge Center at Garfield Elementary in Sioux Falls, SD.
To be the best South Dakota teacher, you must model excellence. Advance your teaching career by earning your Masters Degree, PhD, or Administrative Credentials.
Good News for South Dakota Teachers
- Food service equipment grants awarded…[Read More]
- Cooperative effort lands grant for South Dakota librarians…[Read more]
- More bonding authority approved for school renovation, repair…[Read more]
South Dakota Teacher Salary Statistics and Benefits
- South Dakota teachers have a starting salary of $29,308
- South Dakota teachers have an average salary of $39,850
- The 10 year growth in salary is 31.7%
- South Dakota Teachers get about 15 weeks of vacation every year
- It takes a South Dakota Teacher 3 years to be eligible for their tenure
South Dakota Department of Education
- Phone Number: (605) 773-3134
When you become a teacher in South Dakota, you are teaching for the state with one of highest compensations for a teacher. Do you want to become a South Dakota Teacher or would you rather learn more about advanced degrees?