Texas Teacher Certification
So you want to earn your Texas Teacher Certification? Here are the step by step instructions to get started:
Traditional Approach for the Texas Teacher Certification
- Earn your Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited university. If you already have a bachelors degree, then be sure to request more information for your Master’s Degree right away
- Teacher Preparations: This will include teacher prep courses, student teaching, and other types of internships. In order to receive a Texas Teacher Certification, you must have some experience in teaching, even if it’s unpaid. There 180 hours of field experience required
- Pass the Texas Teacher Certification tests
- Submit the following:
- Requested Application
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Application fee
- Fingerprint and Criminal Record check
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
- Texas Education Agency & Educator Certification
1701 North Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701-1494
- Do you want to renew your Texas Teacher Certification?
Alternative Approach for a Texas Teacher Certification
Alternatively, you can earn the Teacher Conditional Texas Teaching Certification to teach in Texas. This will allow you to start teaching before you complete the teacher education program.
Teaching Schools in Texas
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.
Advance your career with Indiana Wesleyan University.
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
- San Antonio