So you want to earn your Wisconsin Teacher Certification? Here are the step by step instructions to get started:
Traditional Approach for the Wisconsin Teacher Certification
- Earn your Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited university. If you already have a bachelors degree, then be sure to request more information for your Master’s Degree right away
- Teacher Preparations: This will include teacher prep courses, student teaching, and other types of internships. In order to receive a Wisconsin Teacher Certification, you must have some experience in teaching, even if it’s unpaid.
- Pass the following exams
- Order fingerprint cards from (800) 266-1027
- Fill out the Conduct & Competency Review
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Application fee of $100 payable to Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction
- Mail to
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Milwaukee, WI 53293-0794
- Do you want to renew your Wisconsin Teacher Certification?
Alternative Approach for a Wisconsin Teacher Certification
Alternatively, you can still teach in Wisconsin before you complete the teacher education program.
- Obviously you must still earn your Bachelors Degree from an accredited university. Ideally, you should always continue your education in efforts to earn a Master’s degree.
- Speak to a representative at (608) 266-0933