California Teacher Salary
Starting Teacher Salary Rank: 8th
Salary raise last year: 0.0 %
Salary raise over 10 years: 29.0 %
TeacherPortal Salary Comfort Score
California is the 4th top state for average salaries for teachers but don't be fooled.
In fact, California is the single most important place we stress getting that higher degree for that very reason.
There are many other benefits to living in California of course - and many people can - and do - live comfortably off of a standard teacher's salary. With recent budget issues, the education budget has come into question - luckily strong unions and interest in education at a national and state level looks to keep this a secure place to be in any environment.
How do salaries grow in California?
Average Salary: $67,871
Student/Teacher Ratios in California, 2011
Number of Students: 6,219,649
Students per Teacher: 24.0
California teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Teacher Expenditures: $17,908,913,160
Percent Spent on Teachers: 30 %
Kickstart your California Teaching Career
Teaching Schools in California
- M.A. in Education/Early Childhood Ed.
- M.A. in Education/Secondary Teacher Education
- Costa Mesa
- Chula Vista
- San Jose
- San Diego
- Diamond Bar
- Los Angeles
- El Centro
- Palm Desert
- Woodland Hills
- San Bernardino
- San Marcos
- Beale AFB
- M.A. Teaching (K-8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation Program (K-8)
- Ph.D. in Education - Mixed-Model
- Ed.S. in Assessment Evaluation and Accountability - General Program
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- PhD - K-12 Studies in Education
- MEd in Teaching and Learning - Gifted Education Focus
- MEd in Early Childhood Education