Michigan Teacher Salary
Starting Teacher Salary Rank: 21st
Salary raise last year: 1.0 %
Salary raise over 10 years: 24.0 %
TeacherPortal Salary Comfort Score
Michigan is third on our comfort scale because there are great lakes and good teacher salaries. New teachers make an average starting salary of $34,724 and an average overall salary of $63,940.
If you enjoy natural beauty, snowy winters, and desire an affordable lifestyle, this northern state is a great place to become a teacher.
Teachers that have a Master's Degree live even better in Michigan - but you'll be comfortable with a standard teaching certificate if you don't mind a few less canoe and hunting trips or a cabin in the UP!
How do salaries grow in Michigan?
Average Salary: $63,940
Student/Teacher Ratios in Michigan, 2011
Number of Students: 1,662,067
Students per Teacher: 17.0
Michigan teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Teacher Expenditures: $6,091,992,249
Percent Spent on Teachers: 30 %
Kickstart your Michigan Teaching Career
Teaching Schools in Michigan
- Doctor of Management - Graduate Level Instructional Practices
- Doctor of Management - Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Colorado Springs
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Literacy
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Math
- B.S. in Education / Elementary Education
- A.A. in Elementary Education
- MEd in Elementary Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment: Teacher Licensure
- MEd in Elementary Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment