New Jersey Teacher Salary
Starting Teacher Salary Rank: 1st
Salary raise last year: 2.0 %
Salary raise over 10 years: 28.0 %
TeacherPortal Salary Comfort Score
New Jersey has the 5th highest average salaries for teachers - and 1st for starting teachers as well.
As a starting teacher, you might be ok with a standard education degree and teaching certificates for K-12, but you'll definitely want to get your masters degree to augment your salary as your career progresses.
Different regions vary greatly, but no matter where you are Florida school districts do reward you for having that higher education. Get that degree.
How do salaries grow in New Jersey?
Average Salary: $66,612
Student/Teacher Ratios in New Jersey, 2011
Number of Students: 1,366,067
Students per Teacher: 12.0
New Jersey teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Teacher Expenditures: $7,164,169,740
Percent Spent on Teachers: 29 %
Kickstart your New Jersey Teaching Career
Teaching Schools in New Jersey
- Early Childhood Education (Certification Only)
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- A.A. in Elementary Education
- M.A. in Education/Elementary Teacher Education
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Master of Education in Teaching & Learning
- Master of Education (M.ED.)