New Jersey Teacher Salary
Starting Teacher Salary Rank: 1st
Salary raise last year: 2.0 %
Salary raise over 10 years: 28.0 %
TeacherPortal Salary Comfort Score
New Jersey has the 5th highest average salaries for teachers - and 1st for starting teachers as well.
As a starting teacher, you might be ok with a standard education degree and teaching certificates for K-12, but you'll definitely want to get your masters degree to augment your salary as your career progresses.
Different regions vary greatly, but no matter where you are Florida school districts do reward you for having that higher education. Get that degree.
How do salaries grow in New Jersey?
Average Salary: $66,612
Student/Teacher Ratios in New Jersey, 2011
Number of Students: 1,366,067
Students per Teacher: 12.0
New Jersey teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Teacher Expenditures: $7,164,169,740
Percent Spent on Teachers: 29 %
Kickstart your New Jersey Teaching Career
Teaching Schools in New Jersey
- Doctor of Management - Graduate Level Instructional Practices
- Doctor of Management - Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Colorado Springs
- M.A. in Education/Secondary Teacher Education
- A.A. in Elementary Education
- M.A. Teaching (K-8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation Program (K-8)
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- PhD - K-12 Studies in Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Math
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Literacy