This is a general guide to the steps a person might take to become certified to teach in the state of Hawaii. Please check with your state to make sure you have the most up-to-date information about the certification process.
For information on teaching salaries in Hawaii, see here.
Traditional Approach for the Hawaii Teacher Certification
- A degree from an accredited institution is required
- Do some teacher prep that includes teaching experience - it is required by Hawaii Dept. of Ed.
- Pass the:
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $240 check/money order payable to Hawaii Teacher Standards Board
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
Hawaii Teacher Standards Board
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 201
Honolulu, HI 96817
Attention: Licensing Section
Call a representative for more information (808) 586-2616
- Looking to renew your Hawaii Certification?
- Educational Testing Service, https://www.ets.org/
- State of Hawai'i, Hawai'i Teacher Standards Board, https://hawaiiteacherstandardsboard.org/