This is a guide to the usual steps a person might take to become certified to teach in the state of Idaho. Please check with your state to make sure you have the most up-to-date information about the certification process.
For information on teaching salaries in Idaho, see here.
Traditional Approach for the Idaho Teacher Certification
- Earn a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college.
- Complete a teacher prep course, student teaching or other type of internship. In order to receive an Idaho Teacher Certification, you need to have some teaching experience, even unpaid.
- Pass the:
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $75 check/money order payable to State Department of Education
- Finger print card $40 fee
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
State Department of Education
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Call a representative for more information (808) 586-2616
- Renewing your Idaho Teacher Cert?
- Educational Testing Service, https://www.ets.org/
- Certification, Idaho State Department of Education, http://www.sde.idaho.gov/cert-psc/cert/