This is a guide to the usual steps a person who wants to become a teacher might take to become certified to teach in the state of Michigan. Please check with your state to make sure you have the most up-to-date information about the certification process.
If you're interested in data on teaching salaries in Michigan, see here.
Traditional Approach for the Michigan Teacher Certification
- Earn a bachelor's degree (or higher)
- Teacher Preparations: Get some classroom experience (required)
- Pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
- Become certified in CPR/First Aid
- Submit the following:
- Application (You’ll receive it from your university)
- Processing fee
- Official transcripts, degrees, and school credits
- Test Scores
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Call (517) 335-0580
- Do you want to renew your Michigan Teacher Certification?
Michigan Test for Teacher Certification, http://www.mttc.nesinc.com/
Michigan Department of Education, http://www.michigan.gov/mde/
First Aid and CPR Requirements for the Initial Certification of Michigan Teachers, Michigan Department of Education, http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-5683_14795-75289--,00.html