So you want to earn your Nevada Teacher Certification? Let's take a look at the step by step instructions.
For other information on teaching in Nevada, you can find data on teaching salaries here.
Initial Nevada Teaching Certification
- Earn a degree — you can check our Schools or Programs pages for school suggestions
- Accumulate some time in a classroom as a state requirement
- Complete the Praxis I (PPST), Praxis II (PLT), Praxis II (subject area)
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $155 Fee payable to Nevada Department of Education
- Official transcripts, degrees, and school credits
- Obtain and complete Fingerprint and background check form (702) 486-6458
- Child Support Form
- Also, include copies of your test scores
- Mail To:
Nevada Department of Education
Teacher Licensing Office
1820 East Sahara Avenue, Suite 205
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
- Do you want to renew your Nevada Teacher Certification?
- Educational Testing Service, https://www.ets.org/
- State of Nevada Department of Education, http://www.doe.nv.gov/