This is a general guide to the steps a person might take to become certified to teach in the state of North Dakota. Please check with your state to make sure you have the most up-to-date information about the certification process.
Information on teaching salaries in North Dakota is available here.
- Earn a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college
- Teacher prep courses, student teaching and other types of internships. In order to receive a North Dakota Teacher Certification, you must have some experience in teaching, even if it’s unpaid.
- Pass the:
- Pre-Professionals Skills Test (PPST)
- Provide three recommendations from individuals who would recommend you as a future teacher.
- Submit the following:
- Completed Application
- $70check/money order / other fees
- Fingerprint cards and background checks
- Official Transcripts of all degrees and credits you have earned
- Also, include copies of all test scores
- Mail to:
North Dakota Education and Standards Board
2718 Gateway Avenue
Bismarck, North Dakota 58503-0585
Call a representative for more information (701) 328-9641
- Do you want to renew your North Dakota Teacher Certification?
- Educational Testing Service, https://www.ets.org/
- Official Portal for North Dakota State Government, https://www.nd.gov/espb/